Stellar's Facilities, Production and Controls
Stellar Biotechnologies' research and manufacturing facilities are located directly along the Pacific Ocean.
Our California waterfront location is a proprietary asset that allows our marine scientists to work in close proximity to naturally resident Giant Keyhole Limpet (Megathura crenulata) colonies. Stellar is at the forefront in developing environmentally sound practices to protect this important marine species.
We operate the only facility of its kind - land-based aquaculture supporting the complete life cycle of the Giant Keyhole Limpet. This infrastructure gives Stellar in-house, controlled source for KLH. Other KH suppliers are dependent on sensitive, wild populations of the Giant Keyhole Limpet.
Our Aquaculture program is the culmination of decades of highly-specialized work and a range of disciplines. Stellar Biotechnologies manages the source, quality, and supply of KLH to a degree that no other company has achieved.
Our aim is to protect the natural source for KLH to ensure that future immunotherapies have plentiful supply of high quality material.
Stellar Biotechnologies developed and optimized complex methods for the culture of limpets that led to the first-ever industry achievement of multiple generations of the Giant Keyhole Limpet (M. crenulata), thriving within our land-based aquaculture. We also pioneered proprietary methods for the extraction, purification, and separation of the KLH molecule.
- Clean, traceable KLH from native source to finished product
- Known origin of material, continuity of data
- Consistent, quality product
- High immunogenicity
- Stabilized, liquid formulations; never lyophilized
- Purity (high purity, low endotoxin)
- Viral removal technology in the manufacturing process provides additional assurance of viral clearance for safety
- Environmentally sound practices
- Long-term scalable supply