Stellar’s Unmatched Facilities, Production and Controls
Stellar Biotechnologies’ research and manufacturing facilities are located directly along the Pacific Ocean with dedicated, land-based aquaculture.
Our California waterfront location is a proprietary asset that allows our marine scientists to work in close proximity to naturally resident Megathura crenulata colonies. Stellar is at the forefront in developing protective measures and environmentally sound practices.
Our Aquaculture program is the culmination of decades of highly-specialized development and a range of disciplines. We’ve set an unprecedented benchmark for KLH manufacturing and we are proud of our environmental achievements.
Stellar Biotechnologies manages the source, quality, and supply of KLH to a degree that no other company has achieved.
Stellar Biotechnologies developed and optimized methods that led to the first-ever industry achievement of multiple generations of the Giant Keyhole Limpet (M. crenulata), thriving within our land-based aquaculture.
This means that Stellar KLH™ is produced in a sustainable manner with unprecedented control and traceability. Our aim is to protect the natural source of KLH to ensure that future immunotherapies have plentiful supply of high quality, traceable material.
Other KLH suppliers are reliant on the small and sensitive, wild population of the Giant Keyhole Limpet and cannot offer KLH that meets Stellar Biotechnologies’ standards.
- Clean, traceable KLH from native source to finished product
- Known origin of material, continuity of data
- Consistent, quality product
- High immunogenicity
- Stabilized, liquid formulations; never lyophilized
- Purity (high purity, low endotoxin)
- Viral removal technology in the manufacturing process provides additional assurance of viral clearance for safety
- Environmentally sound practices
- Long-term scalable supply